Thomas Cowan, MD
[SL: Enjoy this timely wisdom from Thomas Cowan, one of the world’s foremost holistic medical doctors. Dr. Cowan’s groundbreaking (pun intended) research, culminating in Dr. Cowan’s Garden, “nutritionally powerful and playful vegetable powders,” continues to inspire many of us who aspire to more natural and effective ways than drugs and vaccines to heal and fortify ourselves.]
Every winter we seem to be inundated with news about the latest flu or other viral threat to our health. Obviously, I have no special insight as to the severity of the new coronavirus scare from China, and I don’t want to diminish the impacts on people and families that have been affected.
I can only say that I remain skeptical of the fearmongering and am also concerned that the usual “new virus that is about to kill us all” story is not the whole story.
For example, in Arthur Firstenberg’s brilliant book THE INVISIBLE RAINBOW, he traces the timing of each of the six major flu pandemics in the past 150 years to a dramatic change in the electrification of the earth.
Whether it was the introduction of electrical power lines, radar, radio signals or other wireless devices, each pandemic occurred within six months of the introduction of one of these technologies.
Furthermore, in many cases, the epidemiology of the outbreaks suggested that a contagious cause was impossible. For example, in 1918 the Spanish flu pandemic happened simultaneously worldwide, spreading faster than any possible physical contact between these disparate people.
In investigating the cause of this outbreak, the Boston Health Department tried to deliberately infect people by exposing them to the mucus or secretions from people who were suffering from the flu. They were unable to transmit the disease and concluded there was no contagious agent involved.
In another example, the Zika virus outbreak centered in Brazil was eventually traced to the use of a novel pesticide for mosquitoes in the Brazilian forests. The onset of the Zika crisis corresponded with the use of the insecticide and has waned since the curtailing of its use.
Other examples exist throughout history in which a supposedly contagious viral disease was actually the result of a weakening of our immune systems caused by a toxic agent. Although it is too soon to conclude anything about the new coronavirus, we should all be cautious before accepting the conventional story.
With this in mind, we can take the following steps to strength our immune systems and prevent harm from toxic exposures.
- Eliminate as much as possible all EMF exposure. Turn off WiFi at night, use wired devices whenever possible, and keep all wireless devices in shielded pouches or on airplane mode as much as you can.
- Eat only organic or biodynamic foods to decrease your exposure to agricultural chemicals, which also weaken your immune system.
- Filter your water to eliminate fluoride, chlorine and other immune-suppressing chemicals.
- Get out in the sun as much as possible and spend as much time in nature, particularly in forests, beaches and other wild places.
- Take a good blend of botanicals and mushrooms along with vitamin C-containing foods. My favorite blend is Immunity Matrix. The usual dose is 1 teaspoon in hot water twice a day.
- Take a good vitamin D3/K2 supplement, as these have been shown to reduce the severity and incidence of flu. One good brand is from Quick Silver Scientific. The dose is 1-2 pumps a day.
- Cook with turmeric, dissolved in either butter or ghee. Turmeric helps to cleanse and detoxify the cells, lessening your need for detoxification reactions such as flu symptoms.
- Practice an attitude of generosity and helpfulness to all those in your circles, including those who you may not be inclined to agree with. This might be the hardest but perhaps one of the most helpful practices you can do.
Copyright © Thomas Cowan. All Rights Reserved.
DISCLAIMER: This article is not intended to provide medical or nutritional advice, diagnosis, treatment, promises, or guarantees. Consult your healthcare provider before taking action regarding any medical or nutritional information presented.
Thomas Cowan, MD, is the author of HUMAN HEART, COSMIC HEART: A DOCTOR’S QUEST TO UNDERSTAND, TREAT & PREVENT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This article contains affiliate links. The Phoenix Center for Regenetics may receive a commission for purchases made by way of these links.