This past Monday I gave an interview about my new novel, SNOOZE: A STORY OF AWAKENING, on ENVISION THIS that was a lot of fun and covered a lot of fascinating territory.
The skinny, shallow story is that SNOOZE is a young adult (YA) sci-fi/fantasy novel about a psychically gifted boy named Max Diver who uses his developing paranormal abilities to travel to the dream world in search of his astronaut father who is marooned there for reasons to be revealed.
The full accounting of and behind SNOOZE, which received an honorable mention in the 2014 Beach Book Festival Prize competition in the general fiction category, goes into much, much deeper territory—much of which I touched on in Monday’s interview.
I introduced some of the more profound motifs contained in SNOOZE in this recent essay on lucid dreams, siddhis, or superhuman abilities, parallel universes, and cryptids, or mysterious creatures such as Sasquatch.
In my recent interview, I plumbed these themes from SNOOZE and many more, including:
• The novel’s in-depth treatment of Dewey Larson’s revolutionary physics known as the Reciprocal System of physical theory, shortened to Reciprocal Theory, which provides a theoretical framework for the interfacing realities of consciousness and unconsciousness, or waking and dreams;
• The book’s subtle positioning of patriarchy, symbolized by Max’s father, as that which appears strong but is, in fact, weak and in need of rescue at this time;
• The ways in which SNOOZE can be read as a profoundly “Gnostic” text promoting deep ecology and a wholesale reinvention of the way humans conceptualize and relate to nature;
• The necessity of activating the energy of the heart, as confirmed scientifically through the research of Glen Rein and the Institute of HeartMath, in order to access the miraculous totality of human potential;
• The possibility, explicitly explored in SNOOZE, that as enough people awaken in this manner, a social tipping point will be reached sufficient to overthrow the controlling Matrix of our current reality and create a freer, more harmonious and more prosperous world for humanity.
Here are some excerpts from the amazing reviews of SNOOZE that have already come in …
“SNOOZE is without doubt one of the best coming-of-age, awakening books that I have ever read, and it had me entranced from beginning to end.” —Ingrid Hall, Author & Freelance Editor
“SNOOZE is a book for readers ready to awaken from our mass cultural illusion before we self-destruct.” —Merry Hall, Co-Host of ENVISION THIS
“This is a good read. One to share across generations, across space and time—or time and space.” —Dr. Janet Graham, Kalamazoo, Michigan
“A literary treasure. SNOOZE is a beautiful and fascinating depiction of the awakening process that will touch your heart.” —Liliana Cartagena
“This is a book that, when many people read it, will be instrumental in the world being a better place to live.” —Jennifer Churchill
Gratitude for reading—and sweet dreams!
Copyright © Sol Luckman. All Rights Reserved.