Thomas Cowan, MD
[SL: Enjoy this these timely recommendations from Thomas Cowan, one of the world’s top alternative medical doctors. Dr. Cowan’s pioneering research, culminating in Dr. Cowan’s Garden, “nutritionally powerful and playful vegetable powders,” continues to inspire many of us who aspire to more holistic ways than drugs and vaccines to heal and fortify ourselves.]
Clearly, everyone’s attention is on the current crisis going on worldwide. It is important to remember that our immune system is largely responsible for clearing toxins and “debris” from our cells and tissues.
The less burdened our bodies are with toxins, the better we can respond to microbes and other outside pathogens. With this in mind, here are the six things I do to try to keep my immune system and detoxification pathways as strong as possible.
1. Exposure to sunshine as a treatment for a variety of pathogens is about as old as humankind itself. During this time of the year, exposing as much of your body as feasible around mid-day is a good practice for everyone. In lieu of that, we can use vitamin D3/K2, such as the one from Quicksilver Scientific. The usual dose is 1 pump per day, less for children younger than 12 years old.
2. Pure Water. The modern consumption of water is a tragic source of toxic exposure rather than what nature intended, which is the replenishment and cleansing of our cells. The best water should be completely pure of toxic impurities, mineralized with sea minerals, structured and oxygenated. The only water I know that fits this bill is from Ophorawater.com.
3. Pure Diet. By “pure,” I mean a diet free of chemicals, processed foods, or food grown on depleted soils. Specifically, I have long held that we should all be eating a NOURISHING TRADITIONS diet tailored to our own needs and tastes.
4. Regular sweating. Sweating, generally done through either exertion or through saunas, is one of the prime ways we clear our bodies of toxins and increase the healing warmth of our bodies. I use Sauna Space red light lamps, which can be used as single lamps or, better yet, as a full sauna unit.
5. Vitamin C. While generally thought of as immune support, vitamin C is also a potent detoxifier. The most absorbable form is liposomal vitamin C, in which the ascorbic acid is “dissolved” in a fatty shell to aid passage through the intestinal wall. The dose varies, but 500 mg to 5,000 mg a day is the usual range for children through adults.
6. The role of mushrooms in nature is to break down that which has died and recycle it back into the stream of life. My favorite medicinal mushrooms are either chaga or the Immunity Matrix blend we carry on our humanheartcosmicheart.com store.
These six steps should form the basis of our daily lives and are invaluable aids in times where extra detoxification and immune support are needed.
Copyright © Thomas Cowan. All Rights Reserved.
DISCLAIMER: This article is not intended to provide medical or nutritional advice, diagnosis, treatment, promises, or guarantees. Consult your healthcare provider before taking action regarding any medical or nutritional information presented.
Thomas Cowan, MD, is the author of HUMAN HEART, COSMIC HEART: A DOCTOR’S QUEST TO UNDERSTAND, TREAT & PREVENT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This article contains affiliate links. The Phoenix Center for Regenetics may receive a commission for purchases made by way of these links.